Valvetronix VT20+ review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT20+

Purchased from: 8ThStreet/eBay

2015, 30w, valve for analog effects, the Plus Limited Edition is really beautiful. Lots of amp simulators and digital effects and you can buy a Vox foot switch for $50 and it's great too. Because it has a plenty of effects and tune setups (including a guitar tune) it take some time for you to fully understand how to use the preloaded sets, change and make you own ones. The foot switch (not included) has 2 banks with 4 memories, so it can be used to 8 presets. I would like to go on details about the footswitch, but it's not the focus here.

Not expecting so great sound and tunes from this small and affordable amp. I just love it. My rating is based on small affordable gear, so that's why I gave 10.

I recorded this song on YouTube, a 2 min hard rock instrumental showing some of this great amp tunes. I'm NOT a pro and it was my first time with a recording software. But my friends loved it. The amp simulator has great songs and pre-configured tunes. Many of my musician friends are amazed with the sound showed on a song I recorded just for fun.

YouTube preview picture

It has a really beautiful retro design, specially this Limited edition which is brown and not black like the regular edition. It's new, so I can't tell about its durability but it seems to be reliable. Based on this amp mode (VT20+) I can tell the more powerful versions could be easily used on serious performing using the foot switch. The amp looks very solid, with a good structure and the materials looks really good. The finishing is awesome for an affordable amp. Vox worked very well here to keep its traditional good looking and quality.

Well, my previous considerations show how satisfied I am with this Vox. I just love it! You can see om my recording that it sounds very smooth when plugged directly from its headphone out to my PC microphone input. The secret here is to keep the volume on the amp lower as possible to avoid distortion. I used MixCraft recording software. So, I couldn't be more satisfied with this great amp. I'm pretty sure that if I had more music skills and recording skills and equipment, I could make this amp sound very professional on my recording. The VT20+ amp also has a line input, so you can plug external devices like mp3, tablets and smartphones to practice with your preferred songs and record as you play. There are thousands of music tracks at YouTube to play with.

Marin2112
    I bought this amp few weeks ago, and all I can say, it's a great thing for home practice, beginners or intermediate players. I fully agree with above reviews as they all match my impression. In any case, it gives me a lot of pleasure and fun and I'm happy I chose this one over Marshall MG30CFX 30W Combo (altough to be honest, I didn't try the Marshall one at all).