Valvetronix VT30 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT30

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: Mega Music Store

I play with a Fender Squier which isn't neccesarily a great guitar but even with the amp it still makes it sound good. I vary my music from The Beatles to Metallica and this amp allows both to be played easily. The amp is 30 watts and can give quite a lot of sound. The amp can sound clean but it there is still a bit of fuzz, it sounds much better when made to sound a lot heavier. The distortion is very decent that was what I found to be the most impressive feature.

This is a very good match for the style of music that I play but only for people just getting into the intermediate levels of guitar. I have been playing for about two years and am quite happy with my amp. If this amp were stolen and I had the same budget as when I first started looking at amps I would buy this amp. I love the look of the amp and the effects but I dislike the way the sound goes up and down when you Switch amp styles. It was a decision between this amp and a Peavey, but I went with this amp simply because it looked much better and had a larger variety of effects.

I have only had this amp for a month or two and have had no problems but whenever a different amp is set the sound gets reset unless you just twist one of the knobs a little bit. I would use it in a gig but only if I had everything very well prepared before I started playing.

The VT30 was made in 2008. Allows me to play a big variation of music styles from The Beatles to Metallica. It has 22 different amps. Twelve different effects and three can be used at the same time. Four channels. No headphone Jack. Can buy a speial effects pedal to go with it (would be very useful)

9badarv
    BigFella69 wrote: i play mettalica to death metal and im think of buying this amp or a spider 3 75 but dont know which to get can anyone help me out?
    you get more variety with the Vox, prob better in the long run. i also found a demo of the amp:
    prt1990
    I'd suggest that you've underrated this amp slightly. Also, I have a feeling the fuzz may emanate from your guitar, since the clean on my amp sounds pretty great (I play a Mexi Tele through it). This is a good amp, especially relative to the price.
    dr4g0n33rz
    I am very sure you can set the channels to not override each other when you try changing the effects on a preset. Also, I am certain that there is a headphone jack, a standard 3.5 mm one in fact, unless we're talking about different amps.
    MetalHead916
    This reviewer does not know what he's talking about. YES, this amp has a headphone jack on it. If you didn't know that, than you shouldn't be reviewing this amp. As for your sound rating, well you have a squire so we can disregard that rating. And as an above commenter stated, the hum/fuzz is from your guitar. I have a squire from back in the day. It creates fuzz/hum from any amp I plug it into. I'm thinking about grabbing this off of CL for $120. IF I do, I'll come by and make a review of it.
    BigFella69
    doubtfull
    anyone would tell you not to get a spider. from what ive heard about this amp, its pretty good. not sure about metal though, have a look on youtube at the videos of these amps playing metal.