Valvetronix VT30 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT30

I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 with EMG 81 85. I play mostly Metallica and all that thrash stuff and it suits my needs. This amp is very loud when the power level is turned up all the way, but it doesn't sound good when its at its max and this amp should not be used for gigging.

This amp is good for metal. The metal bull setting with the right setting, has a good metal sound. This amp is very good for the price. I probably would not buy it again though if it were to break. But I am overall impressed by it, just because of the price and that it has a good sound for that price range. But I would save up for a better amp if I were you.

I have had no problems when it comes to breaking down or anything. I take very good care of it though, but it has not shut down on me or anything. It does take about 1 minute to warm up and actually make sound but that doesn't really matter. The metal grill on the amp I think is cool, but stuff can get behind it easily though.

This amp is very versatile. I can play heavy metal like Slayer and then click another channel and play some Jimi Hendrix. There are 4 channels, and there is a headphone jack. This amp has a lot of effects like flanger, delay, phaser and many more. This amp is a modeling tube amp, so it's not a tube amp but still very good.

HannibalX
    frankly i got a great tone out with a squire+vt30 setting this baby is well worth the money, its available in india for under $350, best part is, it will NOT hamper your guitar's actual tone, I'm buying it myself for my birthday, (yes and not the spider) but i am thinking whether or not the peavy vampyre, peavy smoothness vs vox crunch..tough call