Valvetronix VT30 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT30

I have an Ibanez ART300 and it has active pickups. I play blues, metal, and some rock. This amp suits all of those styles perfectly. I've only cranked the volume up a couple times and it gets pretty loud but you can't gig with it unless you mic it or something. It gets some strong ass feedback when you have the gain and volume cranked up so you'll have to play with the settings.

As I said it can pretty much suit any style really. I've been playing for about 10 months, but I've been pretty dedicated. This compared to my Roland15, it's no contest the VT30 comes out ontop. If this amp were lost or stolen, I would burn the asshole's house down when I'd find them. The only thing that I don't like about it is the fact that it changes volumes when you change the amp modeling and you have to play with the settings to get rid of feedback/muddiness. All in all, this amp is an extremely good buy for the price.

I haven't really ever had to deal with any technical issues with this amp due to the fact that I just purchased it about 2 months ago.

This is a very versatile amp, it can get a clean tone, a highly distorted tone and almost everything in between. There's 4 channels, and 11 effects. Honestly, I don't know too much about effects but they sound pretty good to me, but I really don't use them. I use this amp for my bedroom and it does the job with ease, I'm don't really think you can gig with this amp though. Only things that really tick me off is when you Switch from amp model to amp model, the volume changes, and with some models you have to play with the settings to clear up some of the muddiness. The reverb has it's own setting on the panel which is better than having it down under effects. I've used the headphone jack and it sounds decent through my cheap studio headphones. I've never recorded with this amp but I will in the near future, hopefully the quality won't change.

pimpinazndude
    Just got this amp. I like it. Effects sound good. Amp models are good too except for the metal amp models... not quite crunchy enough for me but they're still pretty decent.