Valvetronix VT30 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT30

I use my Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH with this amp. The guitar does coil-tapping so it's very versatile and can be used to try out this amp. I play pretty much everything that I get inspired by, but mainly roots-on hard rock and metal. The amps can be used in many different ways, but I mainly use it with one clean and two different distortions. The amp models I use are "Boutique "CL"", "AC30BM" and "UK Modern". They all sound kick-a-s. This amp is a little noisy, but it has a noise suppressor. I personally don't use it at full because it easily cuts out my sustain. It's also kinda annoying that there's just a little noise on the clean settings too. There's so many sounds that I can't say if it sounds bad or good. Try one out and find sounds you like.

This is a good amp with low volume but some serious balls. I've been playing for about 4 years and I'm not that good. I don't need this amp for a band because I'm not currently in one other than my school's band which has it's own amps. Before I got it I had looked up some solid state Fender amps, Roland Cubes and couple more, but I ended to this amp because the demos on YouTube sounded better, Vox is a legendary brand, it had sounds I wanted, and it just looked so damn cool. Overall a terrific amp for practice and possibly studio.

I can depend on this amp. It's very well built. It's built like a tank. The front grill really protects the speaker from in case you're playing a show and somebody in the audience is like "I love you, have my shoe!" I think it will serve me good for years to come.

This amp was made in 2010. The amp is very versatile, even a little too much for me. It has 22 different amp models and 11 effects and a separate reverb. It's a hybrid amp and it contains a solid state preamp and a 12AX7 tube in the power amp. It also has 8 memory slots for your sounds. This amp can handle everything High-gain humbucking metal to single coil Pink Floyd solos. What I don't like about this amp is all the variety of sounds in it. I'm just not comfortable on getting a lot of sounds that I kinda like instead of one or two sounds I really like. I've found a few sounds that I like and play with. But it took some time to find my sound from it. The other thing are the memory slots. There aren't actually channels on this amp and it really bothers me. Instead of them I got 8 memory slots which I use maybe 2 or 3 of. But all in all, it's a good practice amp with 30 Watts of power and a 10" Vox original speaker. The tube in the power amp gives some serious balls to the solid state amp models. I personally would not take it out for a show which requires a lot fast channel-switching and effects.

creedundead
    i have a VT20...there's no review in here yet so i thought i just post it here. got it about 6 months ago and overall it does what i expect from this pricerange and more. love the built it tuners..power switch....and the variable sounds and tones you can make with it(33 preset amps)...i must admit it takes time to understand how to use it though...but overall all VOX make pretty darn good amp...worth every buck..\m/