Valvetronix VT30 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT30

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Steve's Music

I mainly use my Fender CP-60 Strat with this amp and its great together. The CS69 pickups create a warm tone in the neck position but also a crisp trebley sound in the bride. Although the pickups are already great on the guitar, the amp does have a valve in it to give a nice warm tone. Like I said, it literally does everything possible. The sounds you can get out of it are anything you can fathom. The distortion on it is great and with the customizable option you can get just about any style you need. The Clean channels are the amps greatest feature. Sparkly clean tones with a great blues break-up sound when the gain and/or the volume is cranked on it. The only downfall of it is that if you really crank this thing it can get screechy if you're in a enclosed room.

Nothing much else to say about this amp. I'd say buy it if you're looking for a great bedroom/jam amp if you don't have the money to buy a tube amp. If you play shows regularly, I'll be posting a review of the Marshall I have, that amp will interest you much more. I've been playing for about 8 years and this is no amp I'd show off but if someone wanted me to play somewhere small I'd easily take this first. And finally, even though it has a great distortion for Hard Rock and even Metal, this amp is mainly meant for Blues, Jazz and Classic Rock. If you like to play those styles, this will be right up your alley. Either way, I highly suggest you go try this out if you have some extra cash to spend on something practical and versatile!

The amp itself does not have any problems. Surprising since I bought it as a floor model. I can depend on it however when I gig, I use this one as a backup since I use a Marshall Valvestate for live shows. This amp has been through a few drops, hits, nasty nights and cluttered car trunks. And it has not let me down yet. The shows live I'd played on this is a few blues performances with the other guitarist from my band. Perfect tonal quality and volume for shows with about 100 people. If I used this in a band gig where I had to go over a drum set, I'd mostly likely really want to mic it up just for overall sound control.

The amp I bought is a 2010 model. The amp literally does anything, you name it. Clean, Soft/Hard Blues, Rock n' Roll, Alternative, Metal, etc. Just about anything you can imagine. It's a modelling amplifier that models 22 different amps, with 3 different presets for each modeled amp. And on top of that, each preset is still customizable! And if you find a sound you really like then you can save the sound. (You can save up to 8 sounds). It has on board effects that are pretty decent and can get to be pretty versatile if used correctly. It has one input jack, a headphone jack and an input for a Vox footswitch. It has just about everything I need/want in the amp. I rarely use the effects however because I prefer to use manual effect pedals (Boss, Jim Dunlop, etc.) since I'd rather have those for live shows. I use it to Jam with the band, in my room and also with another guitarist. It has enough power but could be a little more powerful, but can still suffice.

FingerFud
    In my opinion, this is the best solid state amp. It sounds so great no matter what guitar and there's so much you can get out from it. It's just extremely versatile! I love this little bastard haha