Valvetronix VT30 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT30

Price paid: C$ 120

Purchased from: Used

The original owner purchased it in 2013. It was made in Vietnam. It is powered by 1 tube. It has top oriented controls very easy to read. And chicken dial knobs. It's a wooden box with a steal grate for a guard. Feels very solid. It is a combination of active and analog technology. The tube preamp gives it that warm solid tone with the versatility of the digital world at your finger tips. It can use a foot switch which I have yet to purchase. Is loaded with effects and modulators. A very, very versatile tube amp.

The tone by far the best sounding modeling amp. I've been hearing people say that Vox can't do metal... They are mistaken this series proves it. Very loud but tight sounding. Very rich full tones, and can go from tight to loose with a few knob twists. You have 22 amps to chose from 11 effects. It's not just a practice amp it could play a medium sized venue but have yet to plug it into a P.A. The knob on the back adjusts out put to the tube allowing you another pregain to your tube to allow it to keep that tube sound even at low volumes. It emulates a and ab tubes amazingly.

Although it has a tube. Having one tube is not that much of a problem. It is a small tube and inexpensive. It would not be hard to keep an extra tube on hand just in case. You would need a back up live, but I think any person that runs a tube amp knows it's good to have a solid state back up in case of malfunction. The steel grill and speaker are of the highest quality. The knobs, grill, speaker, cover everything that this Vox combo amp has to offer just screams quality. It aesthetics are pleasing it's got that vintage appeal with that modern swag.

I play heavy metal. This amp blew my mind away. The tone is unreal, the versatility is unreal. If it was stolen I would definitely buy another one after my first note rung out I was hooked. After 15 years I have not been able to afford much in the way of tube powered amps but this got me going and I love it. I have had many modeling amps mostly solid state and only my Blackstar stands up to it in quality and durability. As for tone it's one of a kind you will not find a modeling amp that emulates like this. The only thing I wish it had is separate knobs or banks for reverb, modulation, and delay.