Valvetronix VT40+ review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT40+

Purchased from: Casa Libertella (Argentina)

Mainly I use a Dean Razorback Db with killswitch or a cheap Epiphone SG Special Cherry, This amp sounds Great on Clean, But I'ts a little weak on Distortions, it can handle Blues, Rock, Hard Rock, but in metal It only handles Metallica, Iron Maiden, From Thrash To Heavy, but you will need a Distortion Pedal. The Presets Are Awful, I use 2 presets, The Message In A Bottle and Wonderwall. Because Enter Sandman Preset, Sweet Child O' Mine an the others are so digital. The Metal Distortions sound really Bassy, but I like the distortion in the red channel of Vox AC30 that Distortion Rules. I play Rock, Blues and Metal.

It matches my music style that I play. I've been playing for 4 years. I own a Marshall JCM 900 High Gain Dual Reverb and a Fender Mustang II. If it were stolen I probably would Buy another Amp to make a review. This is not a bad amp, But I need to know the competence. I love the clean effects and that Rock'N'Roll Drive that it produces.

I can use this amp without a backup because it's built like a tank! It doesn't seem to be a weak amp. Those chicken knobs would stand still even if an atomic bomb blows in front of it, my amp has never broken down, and that tube seems very solid, this amp Rocks!

I don't know where the year that my amp was made, I think it was made in Vietnam. This amp Has 33 Amps Simulator, 22 Effects (Distortion Included) and 3 Reverbs. It has a Built In Tuner, Headphone Jack (Normal Headphones) and an Aux Input. It has 60 Watts of power, I use the amp on stages and for practise. It has a tube in the preamp.