Valvetronix VT40+ review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT40+

Purchased from: Casa Libertella (Argentina)

I use an Epiphone SG Special and a Jackson DXMG with this amp, It suits every style you want to play, but, this amp doesn't have good heavy distortions, you can play from jazz, country to hard rock without having a distortion pedal, because the heavy distortions aren't very good. I use a DigiTech DF-7 and a Boss PW 10 with this amp and it kicks ass, I play Thrash Metal with a band and it sounds Very good, But, you'll need to crank the volume up if you want this baby to sound good, because it doesn't sound good at low volumes. It's noisy when you've got a lot of gain, but a noise suppressor will get rid of that.

I play Blues, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Hard Rock, and rock, and this amp can do that for sure (With a distortion pedal of course), I've been playing for 4 years and I had another "Nameless" amp that wasn't very good. If this amp were stolen, I would buy another one because it's the best amp in that range of prices, I love the looks of the amp too, it looks sexy.

This amp is built like a tank, but there's one problem, the amp selection knob is a bit loosy, so you can change between amp models if you move the amp a little, but that's not a big problem, the amp has never broken down and it's a beast!, I've kicked it one time (I've triped) and it didn't do anything.

Vox Valvetronix 40+. I don't know what year this amp was made in. But the amp is VERY versatile, you can play anything, from Blues to Black Metal (I'll explain this later), It has 33 Amplifiers with 11 built in Distortion/Pre effects and 11 effects, This amp has almost everything, except good Heavy distortions. I use this amp at gigs and everything, it can play with a band and it even can sound louder than a drummer. This amp has a valve (12 AX7) in the Preamp section.