VR15 review by Vox

Vox: VR15

I use this amp for pretty much all syles of rock (ZZ Top to Pantera) and the three channels are great for each. The clean channel is very bright and when turned up, along with getting louder, the sound gets a crunch to it. The overdrive is very nice and the distortion is tight and smooth. Not noisy at all and the neck pickup does actually sound good with the dist.

This matches all of my styles of playing and more. It is extremely loud and should not be taken lightly just because it is small. I am very happy with it and I will definately keep it for a long time. If someone stole or broke it, I would hang them by their balls on a flagpole and probably buy the VR30. Great buy.

I would probably not use this at a show (unless it's small) because it probably cannot be heard over a drum set. Dont take my word for this though because it can be plugged into a 4x12 cab. I would use it for a smaller gig though without a cab because this thing is loud. It is reliable so far, and durable (dropped it twice).

This is 15 watts of tube-solid state power. The tube is mainly used for the preamp. I say this because the 12AX7 is actually two tubes in one. There are 3 channels: clean, overdrive, and distorion. There is an optional footswitch input on the back and also an output for an external speaker. And a headphone jack.

yngwie_jnr666
    i wouldnt say this amp could do pantera, but i put a boss mega distortion through the clean channel and it makes it sounds awesome.