VR30 review by Vox

Vox: VR30

I use an Ibanez hollowbody with H/H setup. It needs more sustain on the clean channel but I love the nice warm tone. I love the sound it makes with a low distortion, even though the distortion can be dangerously heavy.

This is the match for my style. The other amps I looked at were the Fender FM65R and a Marshall. I'm glad I chose this one though. I've been playing for about a year. Since it is discontinued in most places, I would probably replace it with a Fender FM65R, just for the extra power.

I would probably have a backup even though I'd never use it on stage. Since its a hybrid amp, the tube can overheat, easily taken care of by a fan. It's an extremely reliable amp.

I think my amp was made in 2005. It is a very versatile amp and fits my style very well. It has a beautiful distortion channel and the overdrive channel is good too even though I don't use it much. I play a wide range of stuff. I mainly play the Chili Peppers, RATM, Pearl Jam, Blink 182, Weezer, GN'R, and the Black Crowes. There are 3 channels, clean, distorted, and overdrive. It is a tube hybrid amp, so it does require a tube change, but not very often and tubes are cheap. 30 watts is exactly the right amount of power I need.