BD 12 review by Washburn

Washburn: BD 12

Purchased from: SweeLee Music in Singapore

I use this amp with a Washburn WG228. I play a lot of punk (eg. old Blink 182 albums) and rock (Van Halen) and it goes pretty good with it. Clean sound is fine. When I play around with the gain, treble, mid and bass controls to make the overdrive sound like distortion. When I do this, the distortion is really good. I live in a duplex (aka Semi-Detached) house and when I play on the first level, you can hear it from the middle floor, and only on minimum volume! If you turn it all the way up, it is sufficient for a cafe gig or something like that, but it might have some feedback.

As I said just now, I play lotsa punk and rock, and this amp is a perfect match with my style. Especially 'cos I don't have to switch channels that much. Blues players, this amp is also pretty good for you. The overdrive can be set to any degree. Screaming solos, breaking blues or hard rock are all fine with this amp. Though one thing I hate is that you have to stand at least 4 metres from the amp, due to feedback. Actually 3 metre cords are fine.

I can depend on this amp for a small gig I suppose. It hasn't broken down so far. There is some trouble that I have with channel switch though. Not because theres a problem with the switch, but because if you switch from distortion to clean in one song, you not only have to press the switch, but you also have to turn down the gain and treble knobs. But since this is the durability section, I say its a 4.

- Overdrive / Clean channel toggle switch - Gain Control - Treble, Mid and Bass Controls - Headphone output - Single input - Aux. input - 12 watts