BD 12 review by Washburn

Washburn: BD 12

Purchased from: Music Box

I use a cheap Shine Strat with two Shine humbuckers and the amp suits my metalcore style very well. The amp is quite noisy with the gain turned up to 10, but this can be sorted by using a noise gate. The amp can make a variety of sounds from clean, punk to metal and heavy rock. The clean is fine at high volumes and doesn't distort. The distortion is lacking a little, it doesn't seem "heavy" enough for my kind of playing, it's like the distortion is weak.

The amp matches my style very well. I have been playing just under 2 years now and I own a Shine guitar and a DigiTech RP200A effects pedal. The amp doesn't work well with the RP200A because with the volume up full with no gain (Which is required for the pedal), the volume is too quiet. If it was lost or stolen, I would buy a Marshall because I like the distortion on them and I need more power from an amp. I would recommend this as a starter practice amp, but nothing for use at gigs.

This amp is very durable and strong. I wouldn't take it to a gig because it just doesn't have the power required for a gig. If it was powerful enough, I would take backup just in case. This amp has never broken down once, and I have had it nearly 2 years. It only has a few scratches where it has been banged about as I travel with it alot.

I'm not sure when this amp was made. The amp is quite versatile and seems to suit my syle of music quite well. I play a mixture of metalcore and heavy rock. The amp has a clean channel and overdrive, and it has a headphone jack and a line out for recording or using a PA. I only use this amp at home for practice and jamming with friends. I defiantly has enough power for that put is not powerful enough for gigging I am afraid.

SBLAKELEY
    proguitarist11 wrote: 12 watts??? wut a weak ass piece of shit. why waste your time?
    its called a practice amp *****