BD 12 review by Washburn

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Washburn: BD 12

Purchased from: brc guitar

I'm not very impressed with the sound this thing literally spits out. But ir does fit all types of music styles. If you set the amp up high, it can be earpeircing. And sounds kinda ugly in a basement. Also, for all you metalheads, you can't crank up the distortion without a pedal. But when you have it set at clean, at loud volumes, the sound becomes a little distorted. You can get a lot of noise out of this thing, if you turn it up a lot. But when you turn it up, you might get a lot of feedback when you have the distortion on.

I play hard rock, and with a little added distortion, it is a pretty good amp for it. But overall, the amp is a little small for me. I mean, it's only like 15 watts. If this thing was stolen, I wouldn't get a new one, I would just take the money to upgrade. I'm a big fan of the clean setting, but the distortion is a little week. This amp is comparable to any other small amps. If for would come down to this and a small Kustom, pick the Kustom. But most people Who have this amp got it for free with an X10 guitar. I would recomend this amp to beginners. But within a few months, you will outgrow this amp.

The amp never broke or really failed on me. The worst it ever did to me was give me a ton of feedback. But I wouldn't bring it to gig, because it wouldn't keep up with my insane drummer. But overall, it is an amp I can depend on without a second thought.

This amp is known as the amp that comes in the Washburn X10 package. It's a very basic amp, good for people just starting to play electric. It works with any kind of music you play. However It only has one channel, like most practice amps. It would actually be a decent amp if it has a few effects. But if your looking for a little amp to practice with in your bedroom, this is exactly what your looking for. That's because it's small are can easily fit in tight places.