BD 12 review by Washburn

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Washburn: BD 12

Purchased from: maxwell music

I am using a Schecter C1 Plus with ducan design pickups and it destroys my guitars natural sound. The amp can't go very high at all on the clean channel or it becomes horribly distorted. The only thing it can do it play an ear shattering high pitched distorted sound. Again a channel Switch might have fixed this. The feedback on this thing is awful, I use only the best cables and effects and this thing eats those too. I guess it is a bit versital if you can put up with the poor soound quality.

I've been playing guitar for about four years and this was my first amp and I wished I would have considered something else besides this amp because I extremely dissapointed. If it were to ever to get lost I would actually be happy because I don't want it anymore I would get a peavy or a Fender practice amp. I don't think this thing would have been so bad had it just had a channel Switch it would have made it a little bearable. But if you think about buying this just don't because it is poor at best consider a Fender practice amp they are much better in everyway.

I can totally depend on this thing, whereever I am. It's fantastic when I don't feel like bringing my half-stack with me to pratice with the lead guitarist. I throw this thing around a beat the crap out of it and it as never even burped I am very pleased with of durability.

Well the features on this thing are lacking at best. It has a single channel, an overdrive button, 3 band EQ, a gain and a volume knob. It also has a lineout and a headphone jack. I believe it has a 6 inch speaker which is less than acceptable. The features overall are pathetic there are much better practice amp out there, the most annoying part is the fact that it doesn't have a channel switch which makes it difficult to change from clean to distorion. If it just had a channel Switch it wplould make the amp 10 times better.

duzit89
    proguitarist11 wrote: 12 watts??? wut a weak ass piece of shit. why waste your time?
    ... Common Sense "ProGuitarist".. its a f*cking practice amp you dumbass.
    SketchMan3
    It's really versatile. I loved it as my first practice amp, as it was able to passably accomplish (for a beginner) a wide variety of tones from metal (bass and treble maxed, mid cut) to jazz (bass and mid maxed, treble cut) to everything in-between like ska, country, blues, rock, etc. The EQ is very responsive and I had fun times mic'ing it to my computer and recording with it. I even used it at church (just about everything was maxed to cut through though, hahahaha) but it did manage to cut through the drummer and PA cuz of the pronounced treble.