T64RS 60W review by White Horse

White Horse: T64RS 60W

Purchased from: Ebay

I use this amp with two guitars: a les paul and a warlock. I usually play hard rock and metal, sometimes a little blues and jazz. Even if the amp is not a full tube amp, you can still hear the preamp tube and it really sounds and feels a lot like a full tube amp. Gear4music calls this amp their 'premium line' and there is a reason for this! The distortion is brutal, however not enough for the real heavy styles! The rhythm channel gets a little distorted at a higher gain, however nowhere near rock/metal distortion. The amp is 60W however this one overpowered a 100W solidstate with ease, this amp gets LOUD!

Overall this is a lovely amp, and recommended for everyone who is wanting to buy a great quality amp for under a thousand dollars, for those who are looking for a full tube version, this one has a bigger 100WATT brother, which is at the edge of the thousand dollar budget and is a full stack. If this amp was ever stolen I would most definatly buy it again or even concider upgrading to the big brother (if my budget would allow)

The amp is real solid, it has a nice warranty and enough handels to carry it aroudn easily, you even have the option to screw in wheels underneath. I gig with this baby without any backup, and I don't think shes ever going to fail me.

The amp was made in 2010, The amp is versatile but not to all my playing styles, if I want a nice different metal tone I always use my pedal. The amp has two channels, rhythm and lead, per channel it has: gain, volume, bass and treble, the lead channel also has a middle control. Furthermore there is a reverb effect a CD input (1/4") a headphone out (1/4") an effects loop and a foot control. This amp is a valvestate, it has a preamp tube but a solid state end amplifier. I use this amp for small club live gigging and some bedroom practice (at loud levels nonetheless). The distortion gets nice and crunchy (more on that later) However I would have loved to see the preamp more accesible, when I want to change the tube, I have to take the whole amp appart!

Dream Floyd
    Close ; it's supposed to be 175.
    rokkit
    ive played one of these before, and theyre amazing. for the price, best you can get
    dutchrockstar
    No actually it is supposed to be 75 pounds, I bought a broken tube model of ebay, after changing the tube it was in 100% condition again... great deal
    dutchrockstar
    JohnMerrick wrote: hey mate, nice review is there any amp you could compare this one to ? thanks
    Well I could compare it to a roland cube 20... but those amps are completly different
    dutchrockstar
    Dream Floyd wrote: Andragon wrote: Was that supposed to be 750 pounds or are you just ****ing with us? Close ; it's supposed to be 175.
    New price it is 175 =]
    rokkit
    for being cheap as heck, this is actually an amazing amp. better than any marshall or fender amp ive played
    rv_phoenix
    MaggaraMarine
    dutchrockstar wrote: rv_phoenix wrote: An amp made in 2010 and you already have to change the tube several times, in fact, so many times that you wished to have a more 'versatile' (you mean, easy to transport, 'versatile' means something else in the guitar slang)? What kind of tub does he use? Something made in Bulgaria, upon a Chinese licence? To rokkit: dear fellow, I don't believe you have ever touched a Marshall or a Fender amp. Otherwise you wouldn't have said such a stupid thing, that a cheap amp made in China by a wholesale distributor, ridiculously called Gear4Music, can be better than Marshalls or Fenders. Maybe better in playing football, but not actual amplification! How many musicians have you seen playing on WhiteHorses, instead of Marshalls and Fenders? I changed the tube because I wanted a higher gain tube recommended by another guitarist, I changed the tube once because I wanted to not because the tube was not functioning right in any way... It came with a russian tube, I am not sure where the license came from... With versatile I am talking about the amps ability to adapt to the players style (which in my case wasn't enough as mentioned) To your critique on rokkit: I play on marshalls on a regular basis. I play on a Marshall JCM 900 To which it obviously doesn't stand up (but that would be like comparing a mini cooper to a ferrari) and on a marshall valve state in which case I (MY opinion) like my White Horse better (with the new tube).
    He was talking to rokkit who said that this was better than any Marshall or Fender he has played. It may be better than Marshall MG and Fender Frontman (because maybe he hasn't played any other Marshalls or Fenders).
    Your Name Here1
    im after a new amp but the only thing putting me off this one is how cheap it is, i just keep thinking it might be built and sound cheap for being only 180 when a similar marshall would be about 500+
    kendoddsteeth
    Ignore the snobs. This is a bloody great amp for the price. 1st channel is really good and takes pedals really well. I personally would not use the channel 2 for my distortion sound, any decent distortion pedal (boss ds-1,mxr,suhr riot) sounds great through the 1st channel. For a loud gigging amp you would struggle to get better for the price. The head and cab are really compact and can fit into most car boots too. The optional castors for the cab are a great addition too.