B-212 Review

8,594
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
B-212 Reviewed by: Audio_State, on september 24, 2005

Purchased from: N/A

Features: I think the amp was made some time in the '70s. It has a distortion knob on it and it bites. It's possiably has the worst distortion ever. But get a good distortion pedal and its great. The clean channel is a dream. It's 100w and it's really really loud, and really heavy but it has wheels on it so it's no problem except stairs. The only problem is it doesn't have a headphone jack so it's loud all the time. // 6

Sound: Like I said before the distortion sucks but the clean is wicked. I curenly have a Squier Strat with a digitech death meatal pedal. The amp isn't noisy just my guitar is f--ed. For the clean sound I give it a 9. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would use this amp at a gig without back up, I never have to worry about blowing a speaker because it can kill my cymbal happy drummer at 5. I don't think this amp will break unless I drop it down some stairs. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal (Pantera, Metallica) and I have my Death Metal pedal and it's wicked. I'v been playing for a year and a half and know one belives me. If it got stole I would go find another one since there so friggin cheap (used). I just wish the distortion knod did something more then creat feedback. // 8

B-212 Reviewed by: iamaskier721, on june 19, 2006

Features: I think this amp was made in the 1970's which means its dirt for that style of music. The distortion channel sucks but I think that the reverb and bright give the Fender super reverbs a good run for thier money. Also the clean channel is amazing, no feedback from my sg what so ever. It really needs a headphone jack because it's hella loud. I can use it for gigs with out back ups. It's louder than my friend's Marshall half stack. Great all tube state amp. // 8

Sound: I am using a Gibosn SG Standard with this and since my bridge pickup is quiet, I use my neck pickup 99% of the time. It has very nice tone, clean sound, and I get 0 feedback. If you go on the clean channel and use a Boss DS-1 stomp box the sound will be louder than anything you have ever heard. Throw it up to ten and you will be amazed. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have had no problems yet with the amp. It is great! I would definitley use this for a gig without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: It fits my style (Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Steppenwolf, and some new stuff). I have been playing for quite sometime now and if this amp was stolen from me I would look everywhere for another one. I love the clean channel, hate the distortion, and I love how loud it is. It comes pretty close to the Fender black twins but not all the way up with them. I chose to buy this amp because it was pretty cheap, it was all tube, and it was loud. If you find one of these amp I highly recommend that you purchase it. // 10

Comments