GA-10 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: GA-10

Purchased from: Costco

I use a Epiphone G-310 with this amp and it doesn't sound that bad. The distortion is alright for such a little amp. It's good if you play things like punk and hardrock. The clean channel is ok, it really lacks good tone but then again, what can you expect from such an inexpensive amp?

Personally, I play lots of punk and some indie rock; it's a good match for the former, not the latter. I've been playing for about 2 years (on-and-off), with my Epiphone and my friend's BC Rich the sound isn't that bad. If it were stolen or lost, I would not buy a new one, I would go for something more powerful. This is a great amp for beginners and those who just want to sit down, relax, and play some good music.

I have had this amp for 2 years and it hasn't broken down on me once. I used to max out the volume, sure the sound quality suffered but somehow I didn't blow out the speaker. I wouldn't gig with this amp but that's not because I think it would break down but rather it's not powerful enough.

This amp isn't the best, it's sound is decent at best but it's great for beginners. I can't imagine anyone using this anywhere but their bedroom to practice.

DC?
    I got one of these. hardly use it, but it ok for just mucking about. but dont get it if ur gna be gigging etc... i would say its perfect for beginers too, small, cheap.
    punkrox101
    this is my current amp. i've had it for almost a year now. it did help in many different ways. may not have the greatest sound but good enough to practice on. it's very durable. i'll post a more detailed review later.
    ROCKAHOBO
    i have the starter pack, the guitar is ok by the amp sound horrible. the distortion sounds rubbish and the clean dosnt sound anything like any bands iv heard
    ROCKAHOBO
    im now getting better at guitar only grade 3 (4moths playing) and when im playing to songs it sounds horrid
    kila_smile
    i have this crap too, but im all right with it. a big advice: pls dont buy the crappy guitar pack, you'll end up either throwing it away, or selling it.
    Baasoromyuu
    Heh heh, I've got this amp also, as part of the ERG pack. Sheesh, I don't care what anyone says, I'll settle for a Line 6 Spider III over this any day. Can't wait til I upgrade!