GA-10 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Yamaha: GA-10

I use it with the Yamaha Pacifica it came with and in my bedroom it sounds okay. The clean is good enough for practicing, not much can be said for the overdrive however. there's too much noise at higher volumes and the sustain isn't very good. It can go pretty loud for a 0 Watt but it's not an amp you'd use to play to other people.

I bought this amplifier with the Yamaha Pacifica, so for the low price tag, it's worth it. For a begginer. Anyone Who's been playing for a bit longer and wants to gig with it however, should upgrade to a larger one. It's not great, but it's not bad. I'm definatly going to upgrade very soon however. I think I'm overdue an upgrade...

This amp has never failed on me, probably because it's just sitting in my room playing at low volumes. It's pretty tough, but again, it's not gigging material. The plug cable is too short so you won't want to pull it too far. I can imagine the fuse blowing if it's used to much at high volumes.

Okay, first things first - this is NOT an amp for gigging. Many of the reviews seem to have lowered the score as it is no good for gigging. As a cheap practice amp, it's fine. It has an input and a headphone output. The three knobs are volume, treble and bass and it has two channels - Clean and Overdrive.