Fire 30 review by Zoom

Zoom: Fire 30

I'm using a Samick Interceptor II which has 2 Duncan Designed humbuckers and this amp makes the crappy pickups sound great. It only breaks up at maximum volumes but with the help of he ZNR, the noise is reduced. The Clean Drive stays clean even on high volumes. The distortion in the amp isn't that heavy. Switch to Metal Drive, you can get a Metallica-like sound. Switch to OD/Dist Drive, you can get a Nirvana-like sound. Switch to Hi Gain Drive, you can get a Van Halen-like sound. Switch to Fuzz Drive, you can get a Jimi Hendrix-like sound. It's so versatile you can get many sounds by just experimenting with it. You don't need to buy any effects because this amp has it all.

I mostly play classic rock, metal, punk, and some blues and this amp suits each of them very well. I've been playing for 2 years and as I've said earlier, I own a Samick Interceptor II which has 2 (sounds like crap) Duncan Designed humbuckers. I forgot to ask the salesman "can you give me the footswitch for free?". If it were stolen? Hmmm... I would definitely buy it again. I love the very amp itself. The only thing I hate about the amp is that you can only get one or two effects at the same time. But overall it looks and sounds great. For the price of this amp, I would recommend it for beginners so that they can find their own sound and experiment with different effects. I only wish this amp is an inch bigger and the distortion a lot heavier.

I've just purchased it last week and so far I haven't got a single problem with it. I exchanged it for another because the first amp they gave me has a crack at the bottom, another crack at the rear, and the tuner doesn't work. I've checked some comments and most of them say "my input jack broke off" but mine's still intact. I haven't used it Live yet but I thing it can last one or two gigs without a backup.

This 35 watt amplifier was built in China. It has a 9.5 in. speaker. It also has 11 drives (FDR, Clean, MS, BG, Hi Gain, Zoom, OD/Dist, Fuzz, Metal, Acoustic, Effect In), 2 variation effects (Vintage, Standard), 3 band EQ, auto-chromatic tuner, ZNR (Zoom Noise Reduction) device, 4 Drive effects (Boost, Sustain, Edge, Bottom), 10 modulation effects (Chorus, Flanger, Phase, Doubling, Tremolo, Auto Wah, Step, Slow-A, Pitch, Ring Mod), Delay/Reverb effects which has 4 types (Delay, Echo, Room, Hall), Power Damp Switch, Foot Switch jack, AUX input jack, Microphone jack, 10 user programmable patches, and 20 Zoom preset patches. It can also emulate 22 different amp models (Marshall, Fender, Peavey, Mesa, Orange, Randall, Crate, etc.).

luca97
    io ho questo amplificatore da 5 anni!! MAI NESSUN PROBLEMA! ne ero molto soddisfatto! solo che in seguito ne ho comprao un'altro per motii di wattaggio! avevo bisogno di qualcosa di piu potente!
    shpaz
    This amp is a piece of crab, I own one for 2 years now and I have that thing. The distortion is so bad. Its only good for clean sounds.
    The^Unforgiven
    butch99 wrote: the fire 30 is a piece of crap. my jack plug broke and i waited one year for the part and never got it. Do not buy this amp!!!!
    Lol, a bit of a harsh comment considering that you could have fixed it home.
    M13M
    Can someone please tell me how to fix the guitar input jack on the amp? Mine snapped. Would be really grateful.
    facethisslayer
    I don't know what you guys did to your input jack to make it break, cuz I've had this amp for over a year and it still intact
    ace 94
    i've had this amp for about four years and only the other day my jack plug broke i got the part from an electrical store near my college for roughly three pounds fifty and my dad said he can fix it so in reply to butch99 comment i love this amp and next time look after it you idiot
    DaveH51
    I've had a zoom Fire 30 for a few years now,ultra reliable,excellent effects,.....I've even used it as an effects rack for my bass,feeding it into my stage amp,and it never flinched!!BTW,it's for sale 'coz I hardly use it anymore;it seems a shame for it to be used as a small coffee table!!
    chrisdj614
    I bought this brand new when it came out and loved the amp. Alas, my input jack also broke within a year. Obviously they must've had quality control issues with this amp. Too bad because it was quite nifty when it worked. I have a Fender Mustang now and am quite happy with it.