Not So 'Ol Yeller review by Addrock

Addrock: Not So 'Ol Yeller

Purchased from: alpha music virginia beach

i usually use an Fender american standard strat through a Orange OR50H, but I have numerous guitars and amps and it sound good through just about all of them. Other than my wah pedal, this is my most 'necessary' pedal I own. This Overdrive pedal is quite usable, I usually keep channel one with volume @ 11 o'clock, and Drive @ 9 o'clock. I keep channel two with volume @ 1130 and Drive on 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock. It's good for some dirt, it's good for a little Drive. It's doesn't do high gain, but gain Drive a british amp into high quite well. I also use it cascaded into a distortion pedal or fuzz pedal. Inturn I have also had success cascading a boost pedal into the nsoy.

I play multiple styles of music, I need flexible stuff that sound good. This fits the bill. I have been playing about 12 years now and have owned tons of gear, this is definitely one of the most useable and transparent distortion style devices I have used. Whats better is there has been no buyers remorse with this pedal, I have yet to see another Overdrive that makes wish I would have gotten something else instead. Don't know if I can write more about a 2 channel Overdrive pedal, it's a good Overdrive that has a Fulltone ocd style tone that sounds just as at home in front of a cranked Marshall plexi as it doesn't dirtying up a princeton and driving chained pedals.

Never had a problem with it. Company is small, so I wouldn't rely on them. I think it is just basically one dude who makes all this stuff. He buys old transistors and handmatches them and hand builds the circuit. He also uses beefy parts so it feel solid. It's easy on batteries and have had no issues using generic Boss psa-120 style adapters. It's nice not having to worry.

2 channel Overdrive pedal. 2 separate volume knobs, 1 shared tone knob, 2 separate Drive knobs. Has good tone throughout it's range of settings. This pedal is an upgrade of their 'ol yeller pedal, which was a single channel od pedal. I had heard the circuit was derived from a Fulltone ocd and it also has 2 internal trim pots that adjust certain frequency response, to make the pedal 'lighter' or 'darker'.