MTE-1 Tubulator Review

manufacturer: Arion date: 07/05/2005 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Arion: MTE-1 Tubulator
Incredible tube-amp simulation in a pedal with sweet, soft-edged distortions.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.8
 7.6
 1,280
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
MTE-1 Tubulator Reviewed by: indestructable, on july 05, 2005

Ease of Use: Incredible tube-amp simulation in a pedal with sweet, soft-edged distortions. Has controls for level, tone, and degree of distortion. // 10

Sound: I'm using it with a pretty cheap First Act (hey, it's still a nice guitar), with hummbucker pickups and a $40 35W RMS amp, and this pedal really pushes this thing over the edge! It does a wonderful job on distortion, and I can get that great Metallica sound for Enter Sandman out of it. Pretty clean sound, even when cranked pretty much all the way up. Of course, it does have a certain amount of 60 cycle humm, but they all do. Great tube emulation, and as I've already said, great for overdriving your amp! // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 3 years now, and I play blues, rock, and a little heavy metal (i.e. Metallica), and this thing sounds pretty nice on all those. If I'm doing a simple blues scale, I turn down the distortion a bit for that wonderful, warm, tube sound. If I want some heavy metal sounds, I crank all 3 knobs and kick some butt! Overall, I would for sure buy another if it broken/stolen, especially for the price. // 10

More Arion reviews rating category latest review
+ Hot Watt II HW-02 Headphone Amp 6.8 Guitar Effects 03/24/2015