MTE-1 Tubulator Review

manufacturer: Arion date: 07/05/2005 category: Guitar Effects
Arion: MTE-1 Tubulator
Incredible tube-amp simulation in a pedal with sweet, soft-edged distortions.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.8
 7.6
 1,606
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
MTE-1 Tubulator Reviewed by: indestructable, on july 05, 2005

Ease of Use: Incredible tube-amp simulation in a pedal with sweet, soft-edged distortions. Has controls for level, tone, and degree of distortion. // 10

Sound: I'm using it with a pretty cheap First Act (hey, it's still a nice guitar), with hummbucker pickups and a $40 35W RMS amp, and this pedal really pushes this thing over the edge! It does a wonderful job on distortion, and I can get that great Metallica sound for Enter Sandman out of it. Pretty clean sound, even when cranked pretty much all the way up. Of course, it does have a certain amount of 60 cycle humm, but they all do. Great tube emulation, and as I've already said, great for overdriving your amp! // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 3 years now, and I play blues, rock, and a little heavy metal (i.e. Metallica), and this thing sounds pretty nice on all those. If I'm doing a simple blues scale, I turn down the distortion a bit for that wonderful, warm, tube sound. If I want some heavy metal sounds, I crank all 3 knobs and kick some butt! Overall, I would for sure buy another if it broken/stolen, especially for the price. // 10

Comments