SCH-Z Stereo Chorus review by Arion

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Arion: SCH-Z Stereo Chorus

Purchased from: Musician's Friend.com

I'm currently using a Peavey Backstage 110 (1983), solid state, and my main axe, an Ibanez RG 7 string, the pedal can make a very annoying sound if you make the rate sound fast, so the effect isn't always great. You can get a clear chorus tone, very similar to Korn's "Blind", this pedal is a decent box, and for $20.00 dollars, well, it's surprising in quality.

I play Death Metal, melodic metal, and I also experiment with other sounds, I've been playing for almost 4 years, I own 3 Ibanez electric guitars, RG7321, GRX20, and a RG320DXQM, I own a Spanish classical Fender, I prefer nylon strings, they sound sweeter. If this pedal was lost or stolen, I wouldn't really mind, I will get a new pedalboard soon, chorus effects are a standard feature on these. I chose this because of the price, and it's not too bad after all, it's a good disposable effect. I wish it wasn't plastic, it might break easily.

I could depend on this pedal if I don't use batteries, which lose power very easily, the pedal is made of plastic, so it can brake if you step on it real hard, I would probably use it in a gig without a backup, but if I can, I will use the built in chorus in my amp, and avoid this pedal.

This Pedal has 3 knobs, which are relatively easy to use, rate depth and tone, it's easy to get a good sound. The manual came in Japanese and English, it's useless, and you'll understand the functions better if you try the pedal, and discover the effects this piece of equipment can produce.