APW-3 Review

review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
APW-3 Reviewed by: TimBFMV, on march 13, 2009

Price paid: £ 49.99

Purchased from: Bedrock Music

Ease of Use: It is supremely easy to get a good sound out of this pedal, and it didn't come with a manual because it was so easy to use. On/Off Wah swtich, and the wah power knob. It can't really get much simpler than that. It is amazingly easy to use. The on off Switch is good because You don't always need wah in a song you might be playing, but it is hard to reach if you were in the middle of a song. // 10

Sound: I am using a Cort kx5 and an Orange Crush 10 to use this, and I still get a very good sound from this pedal. I can get sounds as the likes of Jimi Hendrix, and stevie ray vaughan. The effects never sound weak, but the tone on your guitar has to be up high for the effect to work at it's max. It is never noisy (feedback) unless you have distortion aswell, but the noise is created because of the distortion not the wah. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on this pedal and would definately use it without a backup, it is supersturdy with metal casing, and has not let me down yet, and it definately doesnt't look like it will be falling apart anytime soon, it has a nice grip on the pedal, made out of rubber which helps your foot on the wah. // 10

Overall Impression: I could really ask for much else for 50. It is an excellent value pedal especially for how little I paid for it, I compared it to a Jim Dunlop, but I decided to get this because it was cheaper and has more control (wah control) I play blues and classic rock, so this is an excellent superb match. If it was stolen or lost, I would definately buy this pedal again. // 10

Comments