APW-7 review by Artec

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Artec: APW-7

Price paid: € 59

Purchased from: Thomann

I use it with my Marshall MG30FX with my American Standard Stratocaster. The sound that comes from the wah, sucks... I mean really... I hate it! The tone jumps all of a sudden when stomping on it halfway through, instead of changing it smoothly like other normal Wah pedals. I've tried everything, but it's just the same. Now here's two good things, it has a true bypass and is noise free, but other than that, it sucks...

I play alternative rock in a band, and I wouldn't recommend this for anyone, unless you're looking for something cheap where the quality won't bother you. I've been playing for about 7 years, and I used a Vox Wah pedal before buying this one. And the Vox was so much better. If it where stolen, I wouldn't bother getting a new one. I'm going to buy a Ibanez WH-10vs2 and replace the Artec. I love the way it's built and the fact that it's true bypass. Although the Wah sound itself sucks. If it wheren't for the crappy sound, it would have been a dream wah. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

It's built like a tank. You can throw it from the Eiffel Tower without breaking it. It also has a magnetic circuit which will extend its durability. Had it for almost a year now, and it's still working. I would say that it will work for another 10 years before it breaks down completely. It's that solid!

Well, there's two knobs, can't really get much simpler than that. Getting a good sound of it is impossible, but more of that later... One knob is for the range settings, and the other one is a wish wah-setting. There's also a button which converts the guitar wah, into a bass wah... tadaaa!