Big Dots Matrix Tuner Review

2,079
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Big Dots Matrix Tuner Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on march 10, 2009

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: The Big Dots Matrix Tuner by Artec is a great little tuner pedal. This unit came with a manual, but it really unnecessary. When you step on the Switch, the note you're closest to shows up on the LED display, if you're flat the light to the left flashes, if you're sharp the light to the right flashes, if you're in tune with the note the green light in the middle stays lit. Very simple. // 10

Sound: I use this pedal on my bass and guitar rig and it works great for both. There is no note bleed through when you're tuning, and the pedal claims to be true bypass, although I haven't opened it up to verify this yet. I haven't noticed any change in tone while having this pedal in my chain though. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I was hesitant before buying this pedal from a company that I hadn't heard of before. I've seen a few reviews on Youtube of their other pedals and they all seem to be well built. I also own their FuzzTown pedal, and I'm impressed with it as well. I have used this thing a few times on gigs, without any problems. I would never gig without a tuner, so I always keep a cheap one in my case just in case one of us needs it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music and I've been playing for a few years now. I've owned a couple of tuner pedals in the past, and this is by far my favorite. The big, bright LED display makes tuning in the dark very easy. This pedal picks up drop tunings very well, and fast. My overall impression is good from this relatively unknown company, I definitely recommend this for anybody needing a pedal tuner. // 10

Comments