FZT-1 Classic Fuzztown review by Artec

Artec: FZT-1 Classic Fuzztown

Purchased from: ebay

I use this pedal with a number of different Ibanez guitars and a Peavey Windsor. The Fuzztown isn't noisy at all, but with the gain cranked on both fuzzes, the sound can get kind of muddy at high volumes. The bypass switch is quiet, and is supposed to be true bypass (haven't verified this yet).

I play rock and metal and this pedal works great for playing classic rock leads. I've been playing for a few years now and I own/have owned a lot of effects in the past. However, this the first fuzz pedal that I've owned. I've tried fuzzes in the past, but I found this one fairly cheap on ebay so I decided it would be a good time to add one to my rig. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one. I haven't really heard of this company before until I bought their Big Dots tuner a few months ago, but it seems like they are building quality products. Great pedal!

I've only had this pedal for a couple of months, but so far it's been great and I've had no problems with it what'soever. The construction is very strong. The case is made of metal, and the knobs and pots seem very strong. I would definitely use this pedal on a gig without a backup.

Really easy to get good fuzz sounds out of this pedal. There are two different fuzzes: white fuzz and black fuzz. Each one has it's own gain and level control. There was a manual included with suggested settings, but the pedal is fairly simple to use. You can use each fuzz separately by turning the level on the opposite fuzz down, or you can mix the two.

leondb
    I was waiting for a review of this. Cool review. I was close to chancing one of these on ebay... Are you going to open it up to confirm if it has a 3dpt switch?
    leondb
    No it doesn't. It'd probably cost more if it did. It's just deco.
    jean_genie
    I'm pretty sure fuzzboxes don't have tubes, unless it's some weirdo boutique one.