Classic Phase 90 Phaser Review

9.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Classic Phase 90 Phaser Reviewed by: Sgplayer47, on december 12, 2008

Purchased from: Buildyourownclone.com

Ease of Use: Just like the real Phase 90, this pedal sounds great. Since you have to put it together yourself, it may not work on the first time. The manual, which can be downloaded in PDF format from the site, shows how to put it together. My father and I put it together in about two weeks with a full coat of paint. // 10

Sound: With an Epiphone G-400, and a lame 10 watt Epoch, it still sounds pretty great. If you turn the rate up all the way, you will get an ugly tremolo sound. On The part before the battle on Rush's "By-tor and the Snow Dog", the phaser sounds great. It sound awesome with distortion and delay. // 10

Reliability & Durability: it's a great pedal. I've never dropped it or hit it real hard. The paint we put on is chipping a bit, though. Electrically, its works fine, if you connected all of the components and wires correctly. If I were at a concert, No Doubt I would trust this pedal to use.I would never, on any pedal, go without a back-up though, just to be safe. // 9

Overall Impression: I play 70's and 80's rock. I like to use this phaser with 9th chords. If it got lost or stolen, No questions, I would buy it again. If your looking for a phaser, buy this one. It's worth the money, and the assembly work. The only thing that could possibly make this pedal better is that the actual pedal itself could be a little bigger so things weren't so crammed in there. // 10

Comments