Screamer review by B.Y.O.C.

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)

Purchased from: BuildYourOwnClones.com

It gets me really Creamy overdrive, very close to Clapton's tone in '05 Cream RAH reunion concert. It's less noisy than the Vintage spec, since I have the higher fidelity RC4558P chip in it. It's always on.

I play low-mid gain blues, psychedellic rock, classic blues based rock ish stuff. I've been playing since '05, I'm not too good, but I guess I have ears which are pretty sensitive to my gutiar tone. I've compared them to other tubescreamers, other Overdrive pedals. I own a hot rodded Ibanez TS9 reissue, and a BYOC Rat, and this screamer is my choice. I wish I did a better job on the paint job though.

I really depend on this effect. It's been build like a tank by me, with plenty of solder used for every soldering point to get maximum stability. Tightly screwed nuts help too. I'd use it on a gig without any backup. I think this section just depends on Who assembles it.

Well, this pedal is a straight up Vintage Tubescreamer clone, with some available modifications. It has a real nice sound from it, from my custom tuneups that I've done. PM me in the forums for specs. Instruction is flawless, it's on the BYOC website. It's a difficult build for first timers, but I'm experienced with pedal building, so this one is an easy one. just a bit tedious.

wdostrander
    Excellent clone of the Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer. On mine, I would have liked a bit more latitude from the tone knob. Other than that, it is excellent. Instructions were mostly correct on their website. However, I did catch a mistake while wiring the footswitch. Other than that minor problem, I plugged it in the first time and it worked fabulously. Great product!