Screamer Review

Ease of Use: 10
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Screamer Reviewed by: ECistheBest, on october 01, 2007

Purchased from: BuildYourOwnClones.com

Ease of Use: Well, this pedal is a straight up Vintage Tubescreamer clone, with some available modifications. It has a real nice sound from it, from my custom tuneups that I've done. PM me in the forums for specs. Instruction is flawless, it's on the BYOC website. It's a difficult build for first timers, but I'm experienced with pedal building, so this one is an easy one. just a bit tedious. // 10

Sound: It gets me really Creamy overdrive, very close to Clapton's tone in '05 Cream RAH reunion concert. It's less noisy than the Vintage spec, since I have the higher fidelity RC4558P chip in it. It's always on. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I really depend on this effect. It's been build like a tank by me, with plenty of solder used for every soldering point to get maximum stability. Tightly screwed nuts help too. I'd use it on a gig without any backup. I think this section just depends on Who assembles it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play low-mid gain blues, psychedellic rock, classic blues based rock ish stuff. I've been playing since '05, I'm not too good, but I guess I have ears which are pretty sensitive to my gutiar tone. I've compared them to other tubescreamers, other Overdrive pedals. I own a hot rodded Ibanez TS9 reissue, and a BYOC Rat, and this screamer is my choice. I wish I did a better job on the paint job though. // 10

Comments