Mind Bender review by BBE

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
BBE: Mind Bender

I used this with a Vox AC15 CC1 and it is unbearably noisy. I have tried several different cables, but nothing changes it remains unbearably noisy. The effect itself sounds average, nothing great. It doesn't have that lush chorus tone and the vibrato is a bit weak. It goes well with other effects and the true bypass, means no tone sucking. Regardless the noise kills it.

This pedal should be a good math for my style ('60s-'70s rock, blues, and Grunge), but the sound is mediocre. The chorus is nothing compared to a Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus or an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone. I hate the noise, I don't't like the vibrato or the chorus. I want this pedal stolen, that's how much I hate it. This was a terrible impulse buy, don't make the mistake I did.

If I had to I could depend on this pedal, but this pedal should be reserved as backup due to the noise. It hasn't given me any problems out of the ordinary. The knobs move smoothly and the switches don't ever fail. It's built in a sturdy enclosure, one that I would rank with an Electro-Harmonix in that fact that it's built like a tank

There are two knobs, speed and depth, and two foot switches, chorus/vibrato and on/off This pedal becomes almost unusable when you put the depth past 5, but when it is kept low it sounds very subtle and nice. It can get a very good Nirvana sound in the chorus mode if set right. The foot switchable chorus/vibrato makes it a lot easier than a toggle Switch.

4949oz
    hmm, either bad product or bad guitar, which I doubt He'll admit either, cause I played one that was freaking EPIC!!! Pink floyd cloned perfectly... the soul vibe schools this though