Mind Bender review by BBE

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
BBE: Mind Bender

Purchased from: From a friend

Through many amps there is noise. I know it's analog but I have good cables and a good amp Koch SE6 Cornell Romany and it makes too much noise. Plus it distorts nastily if you play too hard I play a P90 based guitar the Yamaha SA 503 TVL. When I play my bass through it forget it. If it were not for the excess noise and distortion it does sound wonderful, but cannot recommend.

Basically a cursed pedal. Sounds amazing when it does not distort (I guess my stock P90s are too hot, but why have I never had this problem with any other pedal ever before) but it does distort and it makes way way too much noise when sitting idle. Oh yes, it does color your tone when the effect is engaged too much. It's just a stinker of a pedal. If BBE sorted the distortion and noise problem I would love this pedal but I don't and I wish I could.

Yes. It is strong, but does smell funny.

Very easy to use, it's a chorus Vibrato pedal one or the other simple.

tdunster
    I run mine through the FX Loop of a Roland Blues Cube Artist with several different guitars and have no issues with noise or distortion.
    seanafear
    I really like mine, I don't have the noise or distortion issues but I use some pretty assertive compression and keep all my dirt in the effects loop of a noise gate which keeps things pretty hushed even using single coils. The chorus is really wet, I think a comparison to the EHX clone pedals is pretty good but this one is even more extreme IMO.