Sonic Stomp review by BBE

BBE: Sonic Stomp

Purchased from: Drummer

I'm using Jackson DK-2's and an Ibanez RG350EX. This is not an EQ pedal. Basically, it boosts your bass and treble frequencies, but also seperates which frequency is bass, mid, or treble. This thickens up the tone so much and helps your playing shine through more than any other pedal. It is so crisp and clear sounding, it's undescribable. Run it through an effects loop for the best results (in my opinion). I know everyone says this, but it does sound like you've taken a blanket off your amp's speakers.

I play all forms of rock (metal, classic, new age) classical, and occasional blues (Buddy Guy, SRV). This is not a one trick pony. It is the ultimate tone pedal. Suitable for any application, bad for nothing. Seriously, who doesn't want a more defined lead tone, tighter distortion, and beefy cleans? If you haven't used this pedal, you don't know what you're missing!

Reliable? Well, I've owned it for two months, so I am not going to rate this good or bad. However, it's made of some alloy and is strong as hell. I never get a hickup from it and it hasn't given me any trouble.

This is the greatest effect since distortion! It has two knobs, a lo counter which affects the bass frequencies, and a process knob that adds alot of, literally, sparkling highs. This pedal is the perfect solution to cut through the mix in a band situation.

SZ520QM
    I like the blanket analogy, however I would say it "unmuffles" your tone. Everything sounds brighter and clearer. Almost like switching from your neck to your bridge pickup. Well worth the money, however if you never had one you wouldn't be missing out on anything. Be forewarned, if you listen to your sound with one you will never go back.
    GuitaPlaya
    I got this thing and took it back. You can save yourself $100 dollars by turning up the presence and volume on your amp.
    fitzyfantastic
    atticus_08
    black_blood
    Led_Zeppelin992
    fitzyfantastic wrote: EDIT: It's only $100. I'll be buying one shortly.
    black_blood wrote: man that would make my extra *mistake* notes more obvious... im better without it :d
    atticus_08 wrote: It's like taking a blanket off your speaker. It makes all the guitar notes well defined so you can hear every string picked of a chord or single note. It's kind of like turning surround sound on... If that makes sense.
    fitzyfantastic wrote: EDIT: It's only $100. I'll be buying one shortly.
    fitzyfantastic wrote: From what I have read and heard from my teacher, the BBE Sonic Maximizer simply clears up your sound. When you're using it, it seems like you can't tell the difference, but if you turn it off, you'll wonder how you went without it. I believe at Guitar Center it's $150.
    marvelboy_04 wrote: so what exactly does this pedal do?and how much is it?
    Kid Fisto
    marvelboy_04 wrote: so what exactly does this pedal do?and how much is it?
    it basically makes your guitar sound better. it cleans up fuzziness that your guitar's wiring might cause, clears noise from other sources, and increases the "fatness" of the bass etc.
    ZGS
    Best damn pedal out there! Throw it in your effects loop and forget about it. Helps your amp to cut rigt through the mix, without drasticly changing your tone. Gives gain more bite and clarity. Overall, makes the amp tighter and clearer. Love this thing!
    petergreen
    if youre already satisfied with your tone, it still can clean up your solos to perfect, thats how Jeff Loomis(Nevermore) and I use it...
    limefan913
    These things kick ass. I've toyed with them a few times, and I want one pretty badly. I totally agree, if you remove it, you'll hate yourself for it.
    bdof
    i was at a guitar center in LV and this guy working there kept bugging me to at least try it. I thought he was acting too car sales-man(ish) and I left it alone. Went back today, tried it out on a Soldano Avenger which have at home (which has a superior tone as is) and it just shocked me. Started at 5 and 5 then adjusted it a little to a 7 1/2 on bass and 5 1/2 on process. Now I've got my pattened sound without pushing the power tubes. SWEET!!!