Sonic Stomp review by BBE

BBE: Sonic Stomp

It might be harder for me to get that great sound I yearn for with this pedal because I am using a terrible amp by Rogue. However, I have a Les Paul and I fairly good processor from DigiTech, so that might make up for it. If the process is turned up to much, it will give off one of the worst tones ever, it almost sounds like the guitar from any old N.E.S. game. But I can not stress this enough; once you can find the sweet spot, it is the most amazing sound you will get with your set up, especially on distorted tones. Now anyone can practically get a major label sound for under $100.

I am in a band that many people consider to be fairly aclectic, although staying somewhat around its punk/indie roots. If all you are playing is clean guitars you may want to purchase something else first that would help you out more, although you can still hear the difference and I wouldn't play clean without it. I'd say the main hook to this is using it with distortion. There are basically no other brands trying to make a similar pedal, so I can't really compare it with any others. Now that I have mastered the knob fiddling, this pedal has turned my guitar tone world upside down. I plan on using this pedal for years to come.

This is a completely dependable pedal. I have had absolutely no problems with it shorting out or anything at all. The pedal is made of very reliable materials and you could probably through it at your wall and not care, although I still wouldn't take the risk.

Getting the sound you really want out of this pedal takes a little bit of time, and factors in all of the other pedals in the chain and the amp, so it may take even more time. But once you get everything adjusted just right, it is worth every penny. This is a pretty basic pedal aside from the required fiddling, but the manual was easy to read. The only thing that's really important I read is that you should always keep it last in your chain for maximum results.

pawnluv
    it definitely clears things up, and to me it feels like it lightly compresses as well.
    aday1225
    I don't think there's a definitive answer as to what this thing does or how it does it, but it definitely does something amazing. If you are struggling to find a good sound with lower-end (o.k.-cheap) gear, give this thing a shot and you'll be surprised at how good your p.o.s. rig can sound. Like I said, I don't know what exactly it does, or how it works, I just know that IT WORKS!