Sonic Stomp review by BBE

BBE: Sonic Stomp

Great thing about this sound machine, it's analog and doesn't need any studying from a manual, it only has two knobs and a of /on switch. It seems the more BBE's you put in the signal path the more dynamics are restored and defines things better. The pedal does the job as good as the rack units, don't be fooled by the size of this product. Another thing to try it on is on a effects unit of you portable studio's effects loop while recording, it will make the sound more vivid with detail and it will make your finish recording live than ever before.

I own the BBE 362 (in the effects loop of the DigiTech 2112 SGS) and two BBE 462's (before and after my two 32 band and Parametric EQ's) to fine tune my sound before going into the speakers. I got the BBE Sonic Stomp to put some more life into the effects loop of my ancient DigiTech RP-1 multi-effects unit, that I use as a solo boost for soloing. When you get the Sonic Stomp in the signal path, it is best to set up the Lo Contour/Process knobs at 12 o'clock, just increase or reduce the knobs to your liking. The Lo Contour concentrates on the bass frequencies and really controls muddiness while making your speakers jump with thrust. The Process, zeros in on the higher frequencies and makes the highs more clear. The Sonic Maximizers seems to delay the lows and highs, so it it will come out more defined and the mids are untouched.

The Sonic Stomp is great when you put it in the signal path, in effects loops or going into the input of the processor or amps. I heard of guitarists and bassist putting this right after a effects processor before going into a power amp with great results. The pedal is built like a tank and it lasted very well over the last 10 years I've had this. Live or in the studio, this baby will give you a studio quality sound on stage, so you can depend on this unit to deliver the goods year in and year out.

After putting a Sonic Maximizer into your signal, you'll wonder how you thought you even had a good sound before a BBE. The note seem to have more separation in frequencies, definition and seem to breath, so to speak. As someone stated once, it's like removing a blanket from the front of you speakers and seems to bring in some very natural dynamics that get lost in signal. There is so much to love about this unit. If you you put this before and after an EQ, the tone will improve 200%. I have one before (in my rack) my two 32 band EQ's and 12 band Parametric EQ (Behringer 1124P Feedback Destroyer Pro) and another after the EQ's. I noticed the difference applying them that way.