Wah review by BBE

BBE: Wah

Purchased from: Ebay

Love the sound, it's re-engineered Halo circuit ala 1967, with a very authentic lush tone. Sure it does Jimi, but it's much, much more. The wide sweep is subtle but expressive, I'm continually impressed with the lyrical quality of the sounds that come back -- singing highs to growling lows. With the Harmony knob you can really dial up a nice quack, or lay back for a cleaner rhythm groove. My old Wah was a noisy Italian job that goes for $500 on EBay -- the BBE just kills it. No regrets.

I really like this Wah. I've had a Crybaby in my arsenal for as long as I can remember, it's an all-round, versatile effect. A Must-have for every serious guitar player. I tried the Dunlop, but it's a tone sucker. I just could not tolerate the volume drop when engaged. BBE has a true bypass, which is nice when I'm playing clean. Plus you won't lose any volume when kicked in. The BBE makes a bit of noise, but nothing near my old "Vintage" gear. With their optical circuits, Morelys are quieter but don't have the same feel. Don't want to be doing a stair climber when I'm shredding guitar. The BBE doesn't have those issues. It's built like a tank -- especially compared to the new Vox's (how flimsy can you get?) It introduces a bit of noise on the toe-tap but it's not a deal breaker for this kind of pedal, you can disguise it easily. With all the nice stainless steel and chrome features, it's gorgeous to behold. Not only does it sound great, but it looks great. This is a work of ART that will be coveted, emulated and copied for years to come. BTW: Keep the box too, it's part of the whole package. You'd be hard pressed to think this was hand made in Cali.

Extremely sturdy and solid build. Crinkled steel base. Big chrome pedal with the Chinese character "Ben" set in stainless steel on the top. Very, very nice. Comes in a cool box definitely worth keeping, Love the attention to detail.

Like the beginner sex manual -- up, down repeat when necessary. Handy Q knob helps dial in the right tone.

Guitarist350
    Sounds like a pretty cool wah pedal. I use a cheap behringer 'hellbabe' lol, i might upgrade to something like this down the track - it sounds worth it if you read this 'flawless' review.
    xicetraex
    I'm pretty sure GuitarPlayer chose this as an editor's pick in one issue.
    Reaper-Man
    Thanks for the review, strongly deciding in this pedal's way now I've read this.
    Jozeff_Lydian
    I swear to the god... this is the best wah wah pedal in the world nowadays... o've ever had the Crybaby classic gcb95f and also Fulltone clyde wah, but this bbe wah more singing then the others and this bbe was almost the perfect wah pedal. besides the price so friendly to our pocket... trust me it worthed!!!