AM100 Acoustic Modeler review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Behringer: AM100 Acoustic Modeler

I currently use the AM100 in conjunction with a Behringer DD100 and a Marshall JH-1 and it gives a soothing touch to the heavier music that I'm used to playing. The only problem with noise I've had is when the lead was playing up so there's no urgent worry about the noise from this pedal. The effects sound great around 80%-95% of the time but it's mainly which setting it is on which effects the sound quality the most.

This is a great pedal to really muck around with and try to make new and interesting sounds, I've been playing for close to 2 years and I've never had so much fun with a pedal before, this thing can replicate a recognisable accoustic sound from your electric guitar and still sound nice. I only wish that it had maybe one or two more settings but then again beggars can't be choosers.

I don't think I could depend on this pedal for anything major as it has not worked at random points in time for me. There is no way that I'd use this pedal in a gig without a backup pedal because I've had minor problems with these pedals not working before. I'd much rather have something from either Boss or Marshall but I need more money for that.

This pedal has a relatively basic set of controls but like everything you have to tweak and play around with it for a long time before you get sound that sound nice and accurate. The manual was very brief as it really only says what each knob does and doesnt't give an idea of likeable presets to try out, it's easy enough to get the general idea of it though.

JungIe
    beefyboy232 wrote: it seems great, but are you splittin' pennies with an x-acto knife? how do you pay cents to the 10,000th? well, if i wanted to make an acoustic sound, ill just use my acoutsic and a mic... but this sounds cool. never heard of n e thing like it b 4...
    I believe thats a translation of currency, artard.