BO100 Blues Overdrive review by Behringer

Behringer: BO100 Blues Overdrive

I am currently only using an MG15DFX with it and a Washburn strat copy. Despite this abysmal setup it sounds great, especially with the tone nob up. It sounds like its trying to emulate a valve amp so you can get a nice creamy tone, which is nice. The gain doesn't go very high but its high enough for any blues licks, under anout halfway the pedal gives the guitar a subtle Overdrive which can be useful for some lead riffs. I also like to us it to suppliment other distortion pedals to give ur guitar a bit more punch. I usually use this pedal to play songs from The White Stripes and for blues jamming (which it does very well).

I like to play a variety of music so far this peda seems great, if used by itself however I reckon it would be good for the blues, songs which require a little bit of gain, and lead riffs. I sometimes like to use it with other pedals sometimes which really boosts the tone and makes your guitar into a monster. I am very pleased with the sound of the pedal and would recommend it to others, don't be put off by the low price!

The pedal seems to be mostly plastic so I doubt it was meant to be stomped on, I wouldn't recommend doing that. I wouldnt see why many blues players would be moshing around the stage anyway! It seems quite reliable although I havent had it all that long. I wouldn't trust it during a gig without a backup due it not being very solid but I paid next to nothing for this pedal so if it broke it's not much of a loss cashwise.

The pedal needs no manual. You set the volume, adjust the tone and select the amount of gain you want.