BO100 Blues Overdrive review by Behringer

Behringer: BO100 Blues Overdrive

Purchased from: local Music shop

I am using a Fender stratocaster and a les paul copy with a Fender Princeton 650 dsp amp. I can get some quite reasonable blues sounds from it, and produces quite a nice crunch. The overdrive produced is also quite smooth. However, it will do blues well, but won't do really any other style of music. That said, it is called the blues overdrive, so that is to be expected.

I quite like this pedal overall. I think it lacks versatility but as I have said before, it is meant for blues and will struggle to produce rock tones, for example, though I can get quite a reasonable clapton tone with it. If it was lost or stolen, I probably wouldn't buy it again. I use a Zoom G2 normally as I play maninly rock, and this provides all of the tonal bases I need. I wish I had bought just the tube overdrive, though, as it would have probably been more versatile. All in all though, this is quite a good pedal for the price.

I would depend on it, but I would only ever use it with the 9v power supply (not included). I have a large distrust of batteries and so would be much happier to use it with the mains power supply. The casing feels pretty sturdy, but it is obviously not up to the quality of more expensive pedals like Boss ones.

This pedal is pretty easy to use as it has just three knobs (level, tone and gain). The manual that came with it was basically a sheet pointing out the main functions, but it wasn't really necessary, you can work out how to use it in just minutes. The pedal is overall very easy to use.

stevo192
    its not exactly bad is it. It is probably called blues overdrive because it produces an overdrive effect that is best used for the blues. What are you, some kind of moron?
    djk55
    Well some people use it for metal. It is called BLUES OVERDRIVE. It makes a strong sound on my amp. Just put the distortion lower is the amp shrieks. In my opinion, it's a good pedal.