BO100 Blues Overdrive review by Behringer

Behringer: BO100 Blues Overdrive

I use it with an AXL Clutch and the sound with it makes the distortion stronger which is a good thing if you want a hard rock sound. Sometimes it will be noisy if you are too close to the amplifier so keep a good distance (like maybe a few feet or a yard)away from it. The effects to the guitar are always great, very clean for low gain and very strong on distortion. It gives a slight sound to some hard rock bands like AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long on low distortion. I use it with the Crybaby and it makes the wah sound more like wee. It sounds very good with the pedal for uniqueness.

I usually play like a classic metal but in a blues form. It has a good sound to it for hard rock mostly. If I ever lose this pedal, I would recommend buying this again. I really love how it's strong on it's distortion. I would actually looking for a cheap distortion pedal, but I was amazed by it's sound. It's just the screech when you want full distortion that I don't like so remember to keep a distance from the amp. My recommended settings is full LEVEL, full, half TONE, half or quarter GAIN.

The effect is very useful and it's very reliable. I would use it with the Crybaby because it's one of my top favorite pedals, but usually you wont need any backup. Even though it's plastic, it's a pretty strong pedal despite it's shape. The pedal is fairly cheap so if it breaks and you like the sound, go ahead and buy a new one.

It is rather easy to set it up if you want a more distorted sound. Sometimes it screeches when distortion's too high. The manual doesn't tell much about it but it gives you an idea of how volume, tone, and gain effects the sound. The manual isn't necessarily required.

strato08
    some people are just stupid and ignorant about guitar pedals and their use/purpose. i read somewhere that someone gave this pedal a 2 rating coz he cant use it for metal...duh? well of course he can't. its for blues. i have a Boss Blues Driver BD2, then bought this Behringer pedal..and I can tell you, I can't even tell the difference on the tone. Its perfectly cloned. If you're in a tight budget but need an overdrive to give that bluesy sound, the Behringer BO100 is the best solution out there.