BO100 Blues Overdrive Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 02/26/2009 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: BO100 Blues Overdrive
This Behringer product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market. The dedicated level, tone and gain controls for smart sound shaping have been included.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.3
 Ease of Use: 9
 7.6
 8.3
 6.8
 4,268
reviews (3) 6 comments vote for this gear:
BO100 Blues Overdrive Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 28, 2005

Ease of Use: The pedal needs no manual. You set the volume, adjust the tone and select the amount of gain you want. // 9

Sound: I am currently only using an MG15DFX with it and a Washburn strat copy. Despite this abysmal setup it sounds great, especially with the tone nob up. It sounds like its trying to emulate a valve amp so you can get a nice creamy tone, which is nice. The gain doesn't go very high but its high enough for any blues licks, under anout halfway the pedal gives the guitar a subtle Overdrive which can be useful for some lead riffs. I also like to us it to suppliment other distortion pedals to give ur guitar a bit more punch. I usually use this pedal to play songs from The White Stripes and for blues jamming (which it does very well). // 8

Reliability & Durability: The pedal seems to be mostly plastic so I doubt it was meant to be stomped on, I wouldn't recommend doing that. I wouldnt see why many blues players would be moshing around the stage anyway! It seems quite reliable although I havent had it all that long. I wouldn't trust it during a gig without a backup due it not being very solid but I paid next to nothing for this pedal so if it broke it's not much of a loss cashwise. // 6

Overall Impression: I like to play a variety of music so far this peda seems great, if used by itself however I reckon it would be good for the blues, songs which require a little bit of gain, and lead riffs. I sometimes like to use it with other pedals sometimes which really boosts the tone and makes your guitar into a monster. I am very pleased with the sound of the pedal and would recommend it to others, don't be put off by the low price! // 8

BO100 Blues Overdrive Reviewed by: stevo192, on september 26, 2007

Purchased from: local Music shop

Ease of Use: This pedal is pretty easy to use as it has just three knobs (level, tone and gain). The manual that came with it was basically a sheet pointing out the main functions, but it wasn't really necessary, you can work out how to use it in just minutes. The pedal is overall very easy to use. // 10

Sound: I am using a Fender stratocaster and a les paul copy with a Fender Princeton 650 dsp amp. I can get some quite reasonable blues sounds from it, and produces quite a nice crunch. The overdrive produced is also quite smooth. However, it will do blues well, but won't do really any other style of music. That said, it is called the blues overdrive, so that is to be expected. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I would depend on it, but I would only ever use it with the 9v power supply (not included). I have a large distrust of batteries and so would be much happier to use it with the mains power supply. The casing feels pretty sturdy, but it is obviously not up to the quality of more expensive pedals like Boss ones. // 7

Overall Impression: I quite like this pedal overall. I think it lacks versatility but as I have said before, it is meant for blues and will struggle to produce rock tones, for example, though I can get quite a reasonable clapton tone with it. If it was lost or stolen, I probably wouldn't buy it again. I use a Zoom G2 normally as I play maninly rock, and this provides all of the tonal bases I need. I wish I had bought just the tube overdrive, though, as it would have probably been more versatile. All in all though, this is quite a good pedal for the price. // 8

BO100 Blues Overdrive Reviewed by: djk55, on february 26, 2009

Ease of Use: It is rather easy to set it up if you want a more distorted sound. Sometimes it screeches when distortion's too high. The manual doesn't tell much about it but it gives you an idea of how volume, tone, and gain effects the sound. The manual isn't necessarily required. // 8

Sound: I use it with an AXL Clutch and the sound with it makes the distortion stronger which is a good thing if you want a hard rock sound. Sometimes it will be noisy if you are too close to the amplifier so keep a good distance (like maybe a few feet or a yard)away from it. The effects to the guitar are always great, very clean for low gain and very strong on distortion. It gives a slight sound to some hard rock bands like AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long on low distortion. I use it with the Crybaby and it makes the wah sound more like wee. It sounds very good with the pedal for uniqueness. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The effect is very useful and it's very reliable. I would use it with the Crybaby because it's one of my top favorite pedals, but usually you wont need any backup. Even though it's plastic, it's a pretty strong pedal despite it's shape. The pedal is fairly cheap so if it breaks and you like the sound, go ahead and buy a new one. // 9

Overall Impression: I usually play like a classic metal but in a blues form. It has a good sound to it for hard rock mostly. If I ever lose this pedal, I would recommend buying this again. I really love how it's strong on it's distortion. I would actually looking for a cheap distortion pedal, but I was amazed by it's sound. It's just the screech when you want full distortion that I don't like so remember to keep a distance from the amp. My recommended settings is full LEVEL, full, half TONE, half or quarter GAIN. // 9

Comments