DC9 Dynamic Compressor Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 07/12/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: DC9 Dynamic Compressor
The Dynamics Compressor DC9 effects pedal smoothes out volume peaks which provides your playing with super-tight dynamics.
 Ease of Use: 8
 6.4
 7.8
 4,727
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
DC9 Dynamic Compressor Reviewed by: RRW Whitey, on july 12, 2008

Ease of Use: Simple to use and get the desired tones. Only two knobs one to adjust output and one for sensitivity. The manuual is easy to read and understand. Beheringer I believe has on line support. It is a Brand New model that came out with their Vintage series Distortion boxes. // 8

Sound: I am useing it piggy backed to a VD1 and Line 6 FBV board with Stratocasters and a Line 6 Spider III 120 2X10 and was stunned by how well it fit in to this set up to get a little more punch when needed. It sounds clean at lower settings but can be dialed up to down right nasty. For the amount of money involved here it kind of blows my mind as I have owned Boss and Digitec compressors in the past. I can get the tones I desire with this DC 9 those being Albert King like and with the vast amount of pre sets and effects stored in the Line 6 the sky is the limit as it holds up well with heavy doses of any effect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This Beringer DC 9 has a metal housing and reminds me of a MXR. And is built pretty good. The one draw back is that you have to remove 4 philips head screws to put in a 9 volt if you have no adapter. I believe this unit could be used without a back up. I will do it because of how well it is built // 7

Overall Impression: I play mostly Blues but pound out some punk and rockabilly now and again. I started playing in 66 and have 4 Fender Stratocasters, a Line 6 Spider III 120 with FBV and the normal bunch of support equiptment. I did not ask any questions after playing a few notes through the DC9 because it was so cheep to buy. If it was stolen I would buy 2 because of the price and the job they do. The major draw back to this unit is the 4 philips head screws you have to remove if you are not useing a DC adapter. I compair this to a MXR, size wise, control wise and weight wise and is as simple to use as the MXR. I chose this compressor because of the price, sound and ease of use. // 7

Comments