DD100 Digital Delay review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Behringer: DD100 Digital Delay

Purchased from: Morlings House Of Music

This pedal is noisy, and does this wierd thing with the treble when bypassed. It's a delay pedal, so it sounds good if your amp and guitar makes it sound good. Make sure it's put after your distortion in your effects order! If you're using your amps distortion (like me) you're going to need to use the effects loop.

I play metal/punk/shred/rock, and this pedal can handle them without esploding. If this was stolen/lost I would, probably have to buy another one, but I would get a Marshall Echohead for a little bit more money if I could. Before this pedal I was using the delay on my old amp, when I got a new one I needed a seperate delay pedal, aka this.

Ah, this is what sets it apart from it's Boss counterpart, and the reason it costs 19. This is not a pedal to be relied upon. For one thing it's made of plastic. For another thing the input/output sockets look very likely to break. And adapters: with one adapter the LED just flickered madly when on and off. With another the LED was on when the pedal was activated, and off when it wasn't. With another it was the other was around. With another the pedal was stuck on. I wouldn't use this at a gig without a backup, but I don't have any money so I have to.

If you've never used a delay pedal before, it will be a while before you find usable settings, as you're probably going to crank the level knob, which needs to be down low. You aren't going to be able to suddenly use a long delay, then Switch to a short one, so you have to either find a setting that does all of your delay needs 'okay' or bend down and change the settings. The battery compartment is wierd to takee off, and if you're going to use an adapter, watch out; this pedal refuses to light the LED lights properly with a lot of adaptors (See reliability for that).

alexmascart
    Ive got the behringer-ULTRA PHASE and the ACOUSTIC MODELER, i havent had any problems with them. In fact they are excellent! Apart from the fact they are both made of plastic, and that the ACOUSTIC MODELER pedal makes a hissing noise when its plugged in, they both hit the expectations for a 20 stompbox. The only reason i really buy behringer pedals is because i am 12 years old, and i cant afford boss or other top of the range pedals. So when i get the occasional bit of pocket money i will go down town and treat myself to a new pedal. The only good pedal i have is a 'second-hand Morley power wah' that i got for 55 in X-ELECTRICAL down town : I would recomend behringer to any1. in fact, yesterday i made some money by helping out at my dad's shop and today im going to town to buy myself a behringer delay. I hope 40 is enuf!
    maca-venagas
    i have this model and its frankly its exactly what a delay should be. its sounds great, and easy to use. its even better sounding and easier then the delay on my zoom 5052 multi effects. yes it is plastic, but it doesnt really, its very durable, if i threw it at wall i bet it would still work fine. u dont need $200 for a good delay this is cheap and does the job heaps good. im in a serious band and dont see myself getting a new dealy for years and years until i have the moosh to buy shit i dont need lol. tho dont use a 9v battery with it, it ****s up 80 percent of the time. unusable. i use the behringer adaptor and it works fine. no worries. i personnally dont mind behringer pedals, i wont buy an amp but i also have the distortion modeler and vintage distortion by them. the modeler is a waste, and i prefer my amps distortion, but the vintage distortion i s great, my fav pedal, my band mate loved it too after i showed him and went and bought one. the sound of the pedal has become our bands signature sound, which a lot of people love. so really with this brand they can have goodys and badies. but they are cheap as so try them out in the shop and you will probably find urself a cheap gem. like me with the VD. which isnt plastic either
    belavista man
    bass1991guitar
    belavista man wrote: Badmotorfever wrote: yeah i got the Behringer wah, and that was terrible...and Behringer pedals generally aren't brilliant. Go for Boss or Digitech or something. Digitech are aweful! They are only good for storeing sounds in a databank, and that's bad enough!
    They aren't aweful depending on how you use it. Like the Behringers they are nowhere near professional standard but are good for people wanting to get into effects. People who are critising these Behringers are idiots. They serve their purpose as do all cheap effects. The way they sound is a different matter. In fairness the sound and bulit quality isn't great but again - you get what you pay for. If they cost 200 a pop then feel free to complain. I mean - how much are these? 20 - 30 quid? C'mon people. Be fair.