DD100 Digital Delay review by Behringer

Behringer: DD100 Digital Delay

Purchased from: Cue Music

It doesn't destroy your tone as much as some cheaper pedals do, but having it at a certain level/time can give you an odd sound. If set correctly, however, you can create a great sound; from a general echo to that weird echo effect that John Lennon has on his voice in 'Instant Karma!' Like I said, easy to get the sound you need.

I play a lot of different styles of music, and this fits most of them perfectly. It seems to work well with a song by Green Day called 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams', where the delay effect is used through the bulk of the song. Honestly, I think it's an essential fo any effects board. Not everyone will need one, but it's always a handy thing to have, especially if you want to add a varriety of different sounds to your live set.

I got it less than a week ago, and I've used it every day since. Very reliable so far and it seems very durable too. The shell is only made of plastic (with a metalic effect), but seems sturdy enough to last. Should be fine for gigs (but I've not tried it yet). The only thing I'm worried about is the battery. I'm currently trying to find a DC adaptor to save the problem of a battery.

Very straight forward. There's only 4 knobs: level, feedback, time and mode, and that's all there needs to be. In "mode", there's a total of 7 settings (3 stereo, 3 mono and 'hold', which is like an off setting, I suppose). All the settings on "mode" change the speed of the delay, i.e. 200ms, 500ms and 1300ms, all of which there's a stero version and mono version, depending on the sound you want. Very easy to find a sound that your looking for.