DD100 Digital Delay Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 12/11/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: DD100 Digital Delay
This is the ultimate digital delay effects pedal, truly comparable to state-of-the-art studio processors. It features ultra-high 24-bit/24 kHz-resolution stereo delays/echoes with delay times of up to 1.3 seconds.
 Reliability & Durability: 6.8
 3,292
reviews (5) 24 comments vote for this gear:
DD100 Digital Delay Reviewed by: hhr, on july 27, 2007

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: This pedal has a very good Digital Delay sound for it's price, and is very easy to use. There are four control knobs on the pedal: level, feedback, time, and mode. The level knob adjusts the output level. The feedback knob adjusts the amount of signal repetitions. The time knob controls the delay time. And the mode knob allows you to Switch between three different delay time ranges: 200ms, 500ms, or 1300ms and also allows you to choose mono or stereo mode. // 10

Sound: I use this pedal through my Crate practice amp all the time and it sounds great with my strat and les paul. The only complaint about the sound that I have is the slight popping sound you get when you Switch the pedal into bypass mode. But for its price, the sound is still very good. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used this pedal, along with other Behringer pedals, for awhile with no problems what'soever. I think that people get the wrong idea about Behringer products because they are so cheaply bought. If you are a guitarist on a budget, and you need a Digital Delay pedal, I recommend this one. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music, and this pedal has worked everytime I needed it to. I have been playing guitar for a couple years now..bass for 8 years. I really don't use effects a whole lot, but I have quite a few of them that I keep in my setup. Once again, for the price that you can Pick one of these pedals up for, you can't go wrong. I have a few other Behringer products and I haven't had any problems with any of them. // 10

DD100 Digital Delay Reviewed by: sword shredder, on september 01, 2007

Purchased from: Morlings House Of Music

Ease of Use: If you've never used a delay pedal before, it will be a while before you find usable settings, as you're probably going to crank the level knob, which needs to be down low. You aren't going to be able to suddenly use a long delay, then Switch to a short one, so you have to either find a setting that does all of your delay needs 'okay' or bend down and change the settings. The battery compartment is wierd to takee off, and if you're going to use an adapter, watch out; this pedal refuses to light the LED lights properly with a lot of adaptors (See reliability for that). // 6

Sound: This pedal is noisy, and does this wierd thing with the treble when bypassed. It's a delay pedal, so it sounds good if your amp and guitar makes it sound good. Make sure it's put after your distortion in your effects order! If you're using your amps distortion (like me) you're going to need to use the effects loop. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Ah, this is what sets it apart from it's Boss counterpart, and the reason it costs 19. This is not a pedal to be relied upon. For one thing it's made of plastic. For another thing the input/output sockets look very likely to break. And adapters: with one adapter the LED just flickered madly when on and off. With another the LED was on when the pedal was activated, and off when it wasn't. With another it was the other was around. With another the pedal was stuck on. I wouldn't use this at a gig without a backup, but I don't have any money so I have to. // 3

Overall Impression: I play metal/punk/shred/rock, and this pedal can handle them without esploding. If this was stolen/lost I would, probably have to buy another one, but I would get a Marshall Echohead for a little bit more money if I could. Before this pedal I was using the delay on my old amp, when I got a new one I needed a seperate delay pedal, aka this. // 6

DD100 Digital Delay Reviewed by: belavista man, on february 23, 2008

Purchased from: Cue Music

Ease of Use: Very straight forward. There's only 4 knobs: level, feedback, time and mode, and that's all there needs to be. In "mode", there's a total of 7 settings (3 stereo, 3 mono and 'hold', which is like an off setting, I suppose). All the settings on "mode" change the speed of the delay, i.e. 200ms, 500ms and 1300ms, all of which there's a stero version and mono version, depending on the sound you want. Very easy to find a sound that your looking for. // 10

Sound: It doesn't destroy your tone as much as some cheaper pedals do, but having it at a certain level/time can give you an odd sound. If set correctly, however, you can create a great sound; from a general echo to that weird echo effect that John Lennon has on his voice in 'Instant Karma!' Like I said, easy to get the sound you need. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I got it less than a week ago, and I've used it every day since. Very reliable so far and it seems very durable too. The shell is only made of plastic (with a metalic effect), but seems sturdy enough to last. Should be fine for gigs (but I've not tried it yet). The only thing I'm worried about is the battery. I'm currently trying to find a DC adaptor to save the problem of a battery. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of different styles of music, and this fits most of them perfectly. It seems to work well with a song by Green Day called 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams', where the delay effect is used through the bulk of the song. Honestly, I think it's an essential fo any effects board. Not everyone will need one, but it's always a handy thing to have, especially if you want to add a varriety of different sounds to your live set. // 10

DD100 Digital Delay Reviewed by: ZigZag667, on june 09, 2008

Ease of Use: The dials are very twitchy and hard to use, It came with NO instruction manual, Changing the battery is like trying to open a can with only your finger nails. This pedal is NOT easy to use in the slightest. There is no way that the pedal has been ever upgraded. // 2

Sound: I'm only using it with a Squier SE100 starter pack but all of my friends and guitar teacher say that Behringer pedals are the last resort for anything. When stepping on the actual pedal it makes a horrible clicking noise, I tried to get it to sound like van halens song "cathedral" But it's like comparing Kanye West to Freddy Mercury, it's just two totally different sounds. // 1

Reliability & Durability: I would only ever use this "thing" if there wasn't any other pedals available. No way could this pedal be reliable. I can't depend on it because the battery will phontomly die on me. If I was to ever play a gig with this pedal I would have a back up most definately, I would prefer not to use it and go straight for a Marshall pedal any day. // 1

Overall Impression: I play variations from clasical rock to heavy/death metal and this pedal isnt really the best fir that I could of had. I have a Marshall JH-1 and the sound are amazing. I would trade the DD100 for a Marshall Digital Delay any day. This pedal is horrible. Don't buy Behringer pedals. // 1

DD100 Digital Delay Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 11, 2008

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: The DD100 Digital Delay pedal from Behringer features 6 different delay modes, each fully customizable by using the time knob. Very easy to get great delay effects from this pedal. Each mode is explained in the included manual. Controls include Level, Feedback, Time and Mode. // 10

Sound: I use this delay effect with a variety of Ibanez guitars, a Peavey Windsor and Crate V18. This pedal isn't noisy at all and the delay modes sound great. Works well with both clean and distorted sounds and it doesn't change the tone of your setup at all. By turning the feedback knob up, you can get delay effects that will keep ringing out. I use this quite a bit when we are playing Live, just to kill time when someone is tuning, getting a drink, making adjustments, etc. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is very reliable and I've used it Live for the past couple of years without a backup. Behringer pedals are notorious for a couple of negative things: battery life and their plastic construction. The plastic isn't a big worry because it is very durable. I bought a One Spot system to remedy the battery issue. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal and this works well for both. I've been playing guitar for a few years now and I've owned a few different stompboxes in the past. This one sounds very good for the price and if it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one, especially at this price. // 10

Comments