DD400 Digital Delay review by Behringer

Behringer: DD400 Digital Delay

Purchased from: eBay

I'm using a Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe into a Crate GTD65. This pedal does not sound noisy at all. You can go from a very subtle delay to a very noticeable delay, and from relatively short to pretty long delay times. You can also choose how many repeats you want. You have the options of mono or stereo output, a pretty unique feature as far as pedals go. The delay does not add any sound other than delay to your sound. It is digital, so you will not get the warmth of an analog delay, but besides that this pedal is perfect.

I play a lot of metal but also clean stuff. I've been playing for about four years, and I play a Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe through a Crate GTD65. If I lost this pedal, I would definitely buy it again. For the price, it's completely worth it. The reason I like this so much is that you can get a delay similar to Boss delays at a fraction of the price.

This is mainly where people bash Behringer products--their pedals are made out of plastic. However, the pedals are definitely not as weak as many make them out to be. I've dropped this pedal many times and it has never broken. I don't stomp on this pedal, but I don't step extremely lightly on it either.

At first, you have to mess around with it for about five minutes, but then you'll know what you want. The manual explains the functions of each of the four knobs in detail and couldn't be better. After five to ten minutes you should be able to get the sound you're looking for.