DD400 Digital Delay review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Behringer: DD400 Digital Delay

Purchased from: eBay

I'm going to cut to the chase straight away, THIS PEDAL SOUNDS TERRIBLE. There is nothing per se wrong with the delay sounds, but the tone suck! The only way I could use it is to have it in a loop in my NS2, leaving the pedal on and using the NS2's mute to bypass it. Seriously, its that bad! Not only that, but in my unit I get this weird sound that I can only liken to a washing machine! It cycles in time with the tap tempo and stays whether the pedal is on or off. Without that the reverse delay sounds good, and all the delays are acceptable, but I just can't get a usable sound from it because of the major suck and the washing Machine that Behringer have cleverly minimised and put in the pedal!

In all honesty, if I had the chance to go again I'd have saved up and got a slightly better pedal. This one is practically unusable. I would not recommend it, because the biggest problem is in the most important area. And when I emailed Behringer about it they were no real help. Overall, I would recommend any other delay!

Well, we know that Behringer pedals are fairly budget pedals. The casing appears to be plastic and in general it doesn't feel like its a sturdy pedal. Having said that, it hasn't broken and nothing has gone wrong with it (apart from what i mentioned in 'sound'). So in fact it seems like a fairly reliable pedal which should be fine for all but the most violent of players!

This was fairly easy to do. The manual clearly set out what all the modes for the unit were, so it was fairly easy to dial in tones. One major problem though is that the mode select knob is continuous, the only indication of a change in mode is a little flash of the light, which gets a little confusing as its not the most clear when you skip through modes.

swest94
    Serjem wrote: good review, terrible brand, sorry everything starting with B usually sucks
    Breasts??