DD400 Digital Delay review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Behringer: DD400 Digital Delay

Price paid: A$ 50

Purchased from: Kosmic

I'm using my Ibanez RG7420 with DiMarzio Liquifire/Crunchlab pickups. For the price of the pedal, I guess it isn't too bad, but certainly there is room for improvement. If you start messing around with the time - while using the delay, you will obtain a somewhat noisy setting. As you can tell, I'm a Dream Theater/John Petrucci fan - for all my delay needs, I just use my amp. I much prefer the delay in my amp, as it sounds more natural than this pedal.

I've been playing guitar for about 3 years - I own some other odd bits of gear, but nothing fancy. I had won this pedal in a competition - but, If it was stolen, I'd probably look else where for a nice pedal. My favourite feature is probably the hold feature of the pedal - allowing me to loop 1-2 seconds! I'm not terribly impressed with this pedal, nor did I have high expectations. If your in the market for a new delay pedal, I'd recommend to look elsewhere.

While the packaging felt pretty heavy - the pedal is made from plastic. As I'm fairly nice to my pedals, I think I'd be able to depend on this pedal. But hard core giggers, may find this pedal a bit weak and un- reliable, so look for a nice Boss or DigiTech hard wire pedal.

This pedal is a Digital Delay pedal, I am running it through a Peavey Vypyr 75 (modeling amp). I've only doodled around for it, for about 10-15 minutes, and I've seem to get the hang of it, I'm not a pedal person, but it is fairly self explanatory. It comes with manuals in English, Chinese and Japanese. The last thing I want to point out, is when I plugged my power supply in, the blue led wouldn't stop flashing.