DM100 Distortion Modeler review by Behringer

Behringer: DM100 Distortion Modeler

Purchased from: Music City Sydney

I'm just using it with my Fender Telecaster and Fender 75w amp. The pedal has three different distortion models, which are DS1, D+ and Rat. DS1 is a very trebly, very distorted model that when tweaked with a bit can make a great lead tone. D+ can delivery a surprising range of tones, from more mellow classic rock tones to 80s glam rock. Rat works both as a good Rhythm and Lead model, because it cuts through quite well.

I play a variety of styles, though mainly Rock and Harder Rock. This pedal suits those styles fine. This is my first distortion pedal, so I can't really compare it to anything else, all I can say is that this is very good value for $40 AUD. It is very simple to use and it produces a good variety of tones that would satisfy any rock guitarist. If I lost this or more likely broke it, I woudl probably upgrade to a Boss distortion or a multi-effects platform.

This pedal is solid enough, considering I only paid $40. as with most cheap things, I would exptect it to slowly deteriorate, eventually becoming worthless. The chassis is plastic, which is probably a main cause for it being so damn cheap. I would gig with it because my gigs only go for 20 minutes or so. however if I became slightly more professional I would just buy a Boss.

This is an extraordinarily simple pedal to use. Just plug your guitar into it, plug it into the amp and with a stomp you have access to a fairly good range of distortion effects. The manual is very short, outlining just the features of the unit. There are 3 dials (distortion, tone and level) and a 3-way switch which controls the type of model you are using.

OttovanZanten
    "considering I only paid $40" You have been screwed, mate normal price is 20 for these sotmpboxes.. but still good price