DM100 Distortion Modeler review by Behringer

Behringer: DM100 Distortion Modeler

Purchased from: Buzz Music

The DS1 sound isn't very good, it is way too noisy. It is a good metal kind of tone you can get from this but it is way to noisy. The D+ is probably the best option of the three it is a very bassey type distortion very satisfying. The RAT distortion ia also good. I found if you back off the distortion you can get very bluesy type tones from it. The DS1 is probably the best for soloing.

I play Black Sabbath so this dose suit that I guess. I have been playing for 6 years and to be honest I only bought this to try it out with a small amp and it worked well. I usually use a Laney GH50L & 4x12 cabinet. I used this with a Jade Storm 25 and it worked very well. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't buy it again though because I don't use distortion pedals with my Laney, just a treble booster. I would reccomend this though, I mean for 40 bucks you can't go wrong.

It is made of plastic so it could be easily broken but I look after my things so I think it will last. I wouldn't use this at a gig though, I have a Korg AX10G for that.

This pedal has three different distortions available: DS1, D+ & RAT. It is easy to use though A little switch at the left hand side to pick the style of distortion and then the three knobs distortion, tone and level. It dose come with a manual but this thing is easy enough to use. The only thing you may need it for is for changing the batteries. It is such a pain to do on this pedal.

Donkey Fly
    yeh he said 40 dollars...they are 20 GBP..... I agree Behringer pedals for their prices are extremely good....good buys